Another Experimental Challenge Painting

This one was an interesting challenge. I had heard about and seen the “stone” paper, which I guess is meant more for acrylics and even alcohol inks. But I did see a demo using it with watercolor, so I simply had to try it. It reminded me somewhat of Yupo, but I think it’s a little more “controllable.” I didn’t feel the colors were as true as they are on watercolor paper, but that may have been primarily caused by their tendency to blend a LOT on the “paper.” It was also very difficult to get darks as dark as I wanted them. Regardless, it was fun to try and I will be experimenting more with it.

Nebula II-96PPI-with watermark   Day 9 – Nebula II

Day 3, 30 Paintings

20150905_022250-Clothespins-cropped, corrected PS15-resized           Just Hangin’ Around

I have finally finished my day 3 painting, after not having time to touch it for the past two days – but at least it’s done. The photo reference on Wetcanvas was interesting and fun, so I drew it. This was a part of the August Watermedia challenge but I do not know who to credit for the photo. It was fun to do and I think my lesson here is that I need more practice with flat washes when I’m painting around objects!