Day 7 – another insect…

This was a photo that I ran across and thought it would be a great challenge-which it was. I do think it turned out better than my red dragonfly and it does look like a bee! All the tiny hairs were difficult, especially on a piece that only measures about 4.75″ X 4.75″; trying to make the wings look delicate was also interesting! What does not show up in the photo is the Winsor & Newton Irridescent Medium that I put on the wings after the watercolor dried. It was an experiment with a product that I had not tried before and I really like the look and how much it adds to the wings!

     “Bzzzz”

(Photo credit to coyotegal [Bee on Cowpen Daisy] on Wetcanvas)