Time simply slips by and suddenly the holidays are over, it’s a new year and I’m on to the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge again! I did complete all of the Christmas cards and the exchange was great as always! In checking here, I realize that I have only shared 4 of the 16 cards I made. So, in order to display those and move on the the other pieces I’m doing, I’ll share several in 2 parts.
- : My idea to put Santa in the wreath-like circle that was used for Looney Tunes-what fun to do! “Merry Christmas Folks!” – I added the letters on the computer later to post on Facebook for Christmas.
- : My “Peace Angel” – just an idea I had from a similar ornament on a post in a folk-art type style.
- : Zentangle ornaments. I had not done any Zentangle in a long time, so this was an enjoyable challenge for me. I added that colorful ribbon as I love a pop of color when doing B&W!
- : “Nutcracker and Friend” I wanted to do a Nutcracker/Wooden Soldier, drew him and had him almost completed when I realized that he looked awfully lonely on the page all alone. I then added his cute little mouse friend.
- : “Stuck Santa” One of my favorites this year, I loved the idea of Santa’s belly getting him in trouble along the way. I drew and started this in the watercolor class that I sometimes attend, on a day when we were “on our own” for projects. After the drawing was completed, I used liquid masking for the stars and, once that was dry, did the pen & ink work and then painted all but the night sky. That black was mixed and done in one very thick wash.